Level 1: Guideline Group or Panel Member Certification Course
For Guideline Producing Organizations: Why Require Certification of Guideline Group or Panel Members?
Organizations will require certification among guideline development group members as they are aware that:
- their members may have little to no experience or understanding of guideline development methods
- their members’ experience and knowledge relates to outdated methods or methods that are not evidence-based.
Benefits of Certification
Benefits of certification include:
- Guideline producing organizations can check if potential panel members are certified
- Guideline producing organizations will rely on panels with the same, evidence-based knowledge and skills
- Individuals will be able to apply their knowledge and skills to the development of guidelines for any health-related topic
Main Learning Objectives
After completion of the Guideline Group or Panel member course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand and describe the evidence-based methods to developing practice guidelines, based on the relevant topics of the GIN-McMaster checklist
- Apply the evidence-based methods as a practice guideline panel member